Civil Rights Restoration

How can I apply for Clemency (other than civil rights)?
All persons seeking clemency such as a full pardon or firearm authority (other than civil rights) must complete an Application of Clemency and submit it to the Office of Executive Clemency.

Do I need an attorney to handle my application?
No.  You do not need an attorney to represent you in the clemency process.

Is there a filing fee for the application process?
No.  This a service provided free of charge by the State of Florida.

If my case is scheduled for a clemency hearing, do I have to attend the hearing?
No.  It is not a requirement for an individual to attend the clemency hearing, although in rare cases, the Governor or any Board Member may request an individual appear to answer specific questions about his or her case.

If adjudication of guilt was withheld in my case, do I need restoration of civil rights?
No.  If adjudication was withheld in your case, you have not lost your civil rights.  However, per the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Firearms' Purchase Program, you are prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms for at least three years from the date your supervision terminated.

If I receive clemency, will my record be expunged?
No.  Neither a full pardon, nor any other type of clemency, will expunge or facilitate the expunction of your criminal record.

How can I contact the Office of Executive Clemency?
Anyone seeking information on the restoration of civil rights process should contact the Office of Executive Clemency:

Toll Free:  1-800-435-8286
Phone at:  850-488-2952
Fax at:       850-488-0695
Email at:

Mail to:      The Office of Executive Clemency
                   2601 Blair Stone Road, Building C
                   Tallahassee, FL 32399-2450

Mark Andersen,
Supervisor of Elections
Bay County
830 W. 11th St.
Panama City, FL

Facebook Twitter







M-F; 8am-5pm